Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Count down......YEAH!!



In a little less than a month I'll be leaving for the exchange. WHOOHOOO!! I'm so happy and relieved that all the money that I needed has been fundraised, definitely takes the stress off of things. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For all the support ^_^ This is something unlike anything else I've done, so I'm sure it'll bring me out of my little bubble and I'll have amazing experiences to share and grow from after.

Recently, I finished my contract being a glider flight instructor for the Regional Gliding School. I then traveled to Caraquet, NB for the Tintamare since it was the Acadian Birthday. Had a blast! Then traveled to Bathurst to visit a friend and jumped off a 40ft ish waterfall!! Terrifiying but soo much fun! Now I'm on a road trip bringing family and friends about attractions in the maritimes.

I've never had a blog before, but I wanted to have an efficient way of letting friends and family know what I'm up to. Keeping a blog also helps me keep a journal of things going on. So here it goes...

For my Canada World Youth Exchange, I'll be traveling to Peterborough, Ontario for 3 months starting Sept. 9th. Then the beginning of December, I'll be traveling to Chamazi, Tanzania. During the 6 months, I'll be staying with a host family. So far, I haven't heard about what I'll actually be doing. I do know that when I get to Tanzania in December, I'll be working with an organization named UVIKIUTA. UVIKIUTA is a youth development organization that was established in 1983, its objectives are:

- Employment creation
- Education/skills improvements for self reliance
- Permanent shelters
- Environmental sustainability

So that's that... I'm super excited for things to get going. Everyone keeps asking about what my expectations are for the program and for the experience overall. I'll get into that a bit later. Right now I'm most concerned about what to bring, what I need....etc... Those who know me, know that I'm definitely not a light packer, so trying to pack my life for 6 months into 40kg of luggage could be a bit... challenging... I wouldn't consider myself high maintenance, but after making a packing list... I'm starting to re think that.....:S

No comments:

Post a Comment