Friday, February 26, 2010

Almost counting down to single digits now. The past couple days has been a bit harder than the rest of the days, I’m starting to feel a lot more home sick than I did before. I’m really really looking forward to returning to Canada. It’s not that anything here is really bothering me, but I think it’s just a combination of a lot of little things that are all adding up.

The consistent of routine of our life here drives me a bit crazy including the food we eat every day. There’s a lot of things I miss from just cooking whatever I want to going wherever I want. It’s be great to step back into Canada. I’m looking forward to heading out west to Edmonton to see my brother and his family as well. My little niece is a cutey.

At the Orphanage, it’s been a bit frustrating lately. I volunteered to help them with some office work a while back, so they handed me their “Annual Report & Budget”. I edited much of the English and made quite a few suggestions in terms of their goals. In my opinion, a lot of work has to be done to the reports in order for a donor to look at them. There are too many questions left unanswered and many aspects don’t seem very transparent. I’ve made several suggestions and recommendations where they could make the changes especially in terms of implementation of the goals and how to attain donors. But it seems like just want me to type up a report on my own that looks good to hand to people, but they aren’t actually taking my recommendation seriously. Not that I expect them to take in everything I suggest, but I expect them to take the time to sit down with me and tell me what would work for them and what would not. It’s pointless for me to draft up an implementation plan for their fundraising and reports and not be the one
implementing. Just frustrating and I feel as if I haven’t accomplished anything in that regard….

There’s just a couple days left of work left and I’ll really miss some of the little kids. Especially this little named Isaac. He’s the youngest of all and definitely the cutest (I don’t pick favorites or anything ). I’ll post a little video of him in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment