It's been almost a week now since I've been back in Canada. We spent the last couple days in Tanzania doing evaluations and reflection exercises on our experiences over the last couple months.
After a 20hrs of traveling we got to Toronto where we(Canadians) did some re-entry shock workshops. The sessions were done with The Center for Intercultural Learning. We were all sort of dreading the sessions and thought it would be pretty boring. They turned out really well, the sessions were well facilitated and not as "chessy" as we thought they would be. It gave us a chance to think back to all our experiences and reflect on the highlights and exchange ideas with others. It helped us think deeper of some of the negative stereotypes that some of us may have developed.
I've heard from a lot of other people that when they get back from some trips, they fall into a rut of being depressed and frustrated and hard to look at their life before.
Now I'm in Edmonton, staying with my brother and his family. It's a complete flip from my living situation just a week ago. It's weird to realize how easy it is to go back to my original life.... I think it's still too early to reflect on everything and all the experiences. I still have a lot of thinking to do, but I'm sure once I get back to the Maritimes I'll get the chance to talk about it.
For now... I'll be out west until Mid-April. I'll be mostly just relaxing and studying for my commercial exam that I've been dragging on forever. I'll be doing a short contract for MTA with some receptions happening in Vancouver, Victoria & Calgary. Super excited for that :) I'll get the chance to visit some friends and give me another opportunity to travel. Once I get back to the Maritimes, everything is basically up in the air. I haven't yet decided if I want to work with cadets again for this summer.... Depends on how my job search goes.... wait and see I guess...
This will be my last post. Thanks for reading my blog over the last couple months...
See you soon :)
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hi, my name is Larissa and i have been reading your blog. Your experience sounds quite amazing. Currently, i am in the pre-selection stage of CWY. I was wondering if we could chat a bit through email? my email address is: moki34@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Larissa, and i have been reading your blog over the past couple of months. I am currently in the process of applying to CWY and was wondering if we could chat through email? moki34@hotmail.com
ReplyDeletethanks!
Thank you for doing this. I was having a bit of a hard time during the period you were writing and your blog made for good escape reading. Have since moved on to bigger and better things! Please accept some of my lucky energy for the road.
ReplyDelete