Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pondering...

The choices we make, shape our future. The regrets we have do us nothing, all they do is invade our minds and blind us from what right in front. All we can do is just take a leap of faith and see what happends.

There's been a couple times the past couple months where I've pondered and said to myself "what the hell am I doing". Then I realize I'm doing the things I'm doing because it just makes me happy. I'm doing the things I do because it makes me smile. Although, somethings will cause me heart ache later on, so what. Why give up something that makes you happy when you don't necesarily have to.

I've thought about it several times.... why did I come on this exchange? I gave up so many aspects of my life that I was "working" on to come on this. Is it really worth it? Will I regret it? I'm not sure..... but I do know that whatever reason got me to go for this in the first place will work itself out. Timing is everything and this just so happend to fall on my lap.

I realized after talking to my friend Judith from Germany today, that I like taking the leap of faith. As much as I enjoy "planning" my life, I'm always willing to change it. I like having the security of having some sort of plan for the future, but ofcourse it's not set in stone. I've been fortunate that the past couple years things have fallen into place. Even after a bad break-up a couple years ago, ending up at Mount Allison by accident, getting my pilot's license by accident, taking the venture capital class by accident, and so many more things... so happend but they all turned out with a happy ending. I don't believe that there is someone controlling by life way up high, but I do think that people can put a positive spin on everything and sometimes you just have to give it time. And I think right now I'm doing that... giving it time to figure itself out.

I miss so many things from back home... France, Chad, Mimi... my family and most of all my lil nephew Jaden. I'm sad I'll miss the day he walks but I'll have so many more chances to play with him and teach him things.... Just like how time just needs to take its course and figure itself out, and I just have to be patient and wait....


No comments:

Post a Comment