This past weekend was so relaxing...
I spent a couple days up in Edmunston visiting my friend France. She brought me to a "mud run" where we saw a bunch of trucks race through the mud...lol. Not the typical event that I would go to but, it was great.
Then we went on a 7 hr long canoe ride on the Rivier Verte. It was awesome! The scenery, the water... it was the first time all summer that I had the chance to simply sit there with nothing on my mind.
Today has been quite a packing day, I still have to unpack my luggage/backpack again for the 4th time. Since I over packed :S
I've talked to a couple friends that have done CWY in the past. One of them explained that during the exchange, I'll have 5 relationships going on. These relationships will be with my host family, counterpart, supervisor, work placement, and overall group. Out of these 5, 1 relationship WILL go wrong. My friend didn't mean this in a bad way, I look at it as a reality check. As nice as someone is, there is no way that you can get along with everyone at all times. You also won't like everyone you meet. Some people just don't click. I think it's important though that although you might not get along, you have to be civil and not pick on the little things. Afterall, the exchange is 6 months long, everyone has to give and take.
The one thing that I'm wondering about the most right now is how I will be keeping myself busy. I'm still a bit out of the loop on things until I get there. I don't know how strict my host family is or what my counterpart likes. I do hope that I can keep myself busy. For the first time in a long long time, this exchange is the only thing I'm doing. I thought about volunteering at an Air Cadet Squadron to teach groundschool for flying but I realized I should give myself a break from it all since I know I'll be coming back to it after.
Well, I head out tomorrow! We'll be going to Ancaster for a couple days to do some group training then we head to Peterborough. I recently got told to not bring my laptop for the exchange :S While in Canada it shouldn't be hard to keep this blog updated, but as for Tanzania.. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
The adventure begins....
No comments:
Post a Comment