Things have been great with my host family they are all soo sweet... My host family consists of Tammy (mom) and her 3 daughters (Kayla, Emma, and Rachel).
They are soo nice and Tammy would doing anything in the World for Deborah and I. The house is pretty hectic with so many girls in the house, but somehow it all just works. The first night we got to town... when the family came ot pick us up at the wecome place.. it just so happend that next door was the R.C.A.F ("The wing") and there was a big sign advertising for cadets. We even got talking about Cadets.. and as it turns out.. Emma who's 13 just so happend to be interested in cadets.. so ofcourse I encouraged her a lot to join and brought her there on the first night!! I told myself that I would take a break from Cadets while I had the chance on this exchange... but ofcourse... I got roped into it again... I got talking with the CO (commanding officer) at the squadron and she talked about how they didn't have an officer for ground school.... soo.. one thing leads to another and from now until I leave... I will be teaching groundschool for a couple hours on tuesdays.. :S One the other side of things.. this is a great opportunity for me to see how another squadron functions..
The last couple days we've done some more team building activities, since the entire program really is dependant on how well we all work together. Deborah and I won the Scavenger hunt the other day! YEAH!! I think Deboroah thought I was a bit crazy for being so competitive...LOL... We had another bombfire at one of the host family's places one night, along with a concert by a band named "Powerhouse" They were really good.. with trumpets and all...
Then tonight we went to see a ground called Otesha (www.Otesha.ca). They do bike tours across many places in Canada and do short plays focusing on our actions on the environmental issues affecting Earth and other countries in the World.
We were given little black books and they're called our "Dream Book" we put in it the things that we want to accomplish/do before we die. Since writing it down makes it more concrete. I'll share my "to do list" another time...We also got our work placements today!! Letcha know soon which one I have... I know which one I have but I'll tell more about it next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment