Saturday, December 5, 2009

Catch up..

The real count down has begun, now we're down to just a single hand count. The past week has been a bit crazy. A combination of personal things that I have to take care of before departing, was organizing last nights farewell fundraising dinner, cadets, badminton and some other lil things here and there. When I started the exchange, I decided to rid myself of the ridiculous schedule which I had before. the schedule that never gave me any Sally time or simply time to chill and hang out with friends. Over the past couple years I've gradually gotten better once in a while with balancing my actual life verses the activities within my life. I don' think this past year was the prime example, I remember sometime in March ish when I counted the number of days I stayed in Sackville over a 3 week period and I was actually only in town for 4 days. During that time, I was definately stressed to the max from traveling from one side of Canada and back then again the week after and so on. But because of all that, when I started this exchange, I told myself I wanted to take things easy and just relax a bit more. So I ditched my usual crazy schedule and just stuck to simply remembering commitments I have made and lil notes to myself. Well....that didn't work out so well.

I found myself disorganized and very forgetful of whats going on so it made things worst and caused me more stressed since I didn't know what was going on and procrastination didn't make things easier either.

Of the activities I've gotten myself involved with outside fo CWY. I'm really glad I was involved with cadets and badminton. Cadets has always been the one stable thing in my life and I hope it will be for a while. Last Monday was the Change of Command parade for the squadron, following that we went to the RCAF Wing for some drinks. It was a good time chit chatting with some other officers and good ol' cadet gossip is always fun :P On Wednesday, it was my last time going to Badminton so afterwards we went out for some wings. I really wish I had googled about the badminton club a lot early. It's only been 3 weeks of playing with them, but they really grew on me and wish I had known them better. If it wasn't for those involvements, I would have been going a bit crazier than I was.

The past week has been a reflection of everything over the past 3 months, I had the chance to get back into sewing. It's been 4 years since I last sewed something, since we had to do make some recyled art projects i decided to make a bag out of scraps of fabric. I realized how much I miss sweing and how soothing and calming it is for me. The last thing I had ever sewn was my prom dress back in grade 12, and after sewing that corset I never wanted to touch a machine again. But getting back into made me realized how much I missed it. That's one hobby I could get back into. I realized how much I really love cooking too.. it's like therapeutic for me. Not the greatest for my waist line, but chomping on something that tastes good always helps with emotions.. :)

As the count down continues yesterday was our community farewell/fundraising dinner. We had chosen local organization to support and another one in Tanzania. The local one was Kawartha Turtle Trauma Centre and the Tanzanian was Yatima Group Trust Fund (an orphanage in Tanzania). We raised $1093 with a silent auction going on, 50/50 draws, and door donations. We had all dinner items donated and cooked some Tanzanian foods. It was a fun night, and turned out surprisingly well.... even after all the disorganization.

so, that's basically the down-low on things that have happened in the last couple days... I'll write a bit more on how I feel about things in terms of LEAVING FOR TANZANIA, laster on tonight or tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for a smooth trip and a welcoming reception in Tanzania.

    Layton and Edie

    ReplyDelete