Another late night, keeping up with this blog has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. Especially since I'm trying to keep up with my personal journal at the same time, it's sometimes a bit confusing since I can't quite remember what I have written in my blog or my journal. There's less than 3 weeks now until we head off, so excited but terrified at the same time. Just waiting for the next phase to begin, next week is our last week at the workplacements then we start preparing for Tanzania.
Last Wednesday, I was invited to speak at the weekly Kiwanis meeting. Norbert and I were invited to talk about Canada World Youth and our experiences. It was a delightful surprise to see such an active community group, even though most of the people have been retired for years, they choose to give back to their community with fundraising initiatives and being involved. There were a couple of very talkative more mature members that were quite funny to talk to, telling me about their old stories... way back when....
When I get back after this exchange, I've been contemplating what things I want to get involved with.. Tae Kwon-Do, Badminton, Cadets for sure... but as for the rest I'm not quite sure. I was approached by Canadian Federation of University Women this past summer asking me to get involved with them and be a guestspeaker at a meeting when I return. I will be speaking, but as for any community organizations like such I'm not quite sure which ones I want to be involved with. I'm thinking about going back into Toastmasters as well to get some more experience with public speaking, I tried out a couple meeting before I came and I did have fun at them.
Wait and see I guess, I'm definately excited about things coming up after.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In Tanzania you should see Zanzibar and Serengeti national park - 2 of the most beautiful places on this earth... u r lucky!
ReplyDeleteI hope I get the oppurtunity to, but the program is very limited in terms of sight seeing that we get to do since it's not the mandate of the program. If I get the chance to go I definately will!
ReplyDelete