It's been an interesting couple days.... still with it's ups and downs.. maybe even a bit more than before. I'll let myself cool off for a bit before I get into that...
As for today, it started off great... I slept in, the weather was gorgeous and we decided to go for a swim at the nearby wellness centre. I had a great time going off the water slide and relaxing in the hot tub. For some of the Tanzanians, it was their first time in the pool, we were giving some of them little instructions such as keeping your legs straight when you kick, keep your fingers together when you move your arms, blow bubbles out your nose...etc... one of them had to be saved by the lifeguard at one point.. :s (he was fine) Then we had the "event".
The "Event", the competition was fierce, who would it be.. to make it to the other side and back.... JP called the shots and we kicked and kicked our way across the pool... I was focused so hard on beating the others... (been a while since I last raced) I kicked hard, with my arms pulling hard through the water... then as I got close... took a peak at where I was... and BOOM... there it was.... the wall :( My hand and nose collided with the wall of pool. I was stunned for a moment and instantly grabbed my nose fearing that it would be bleeding... I hopped out of the pool and ran to the washroom. There was instantly a purple line across my nose and I also had heard a crunching noise when I hit the wall. So that led me to believe that I had broken my nose, also the little bump on the side. I made my way to the hospital, 7 hours later ( I had contemplating leaving earlier since it wasn't serious), I finally saw a doctor and he simply said " I can't do much with a broken nose, you'll have to wait a week until the swelling goes down then if its still crooked, we'll fracture it and align it back up". Well! YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT 7HOURS AGO!!! bahhhh...... I dislike emergency services at hospitals, oh I forgot to mention there are no walk in clinics or after hour clinics in Peterborough...uhh....
Well Well... So here I am.. Hoping that I wont get a black eye in the morning or more bruising, but the doctor assured me that I would... So I've been icing my face like crazy.. hoping for the best.... but as things go.... the score is Wall 1, Sally 0....
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment