Last week, I was a bit bored so I decided to google "Peterborough Badminton Clubs". As it turns out, there's a fairly active badminton club that practices pretty close to where I live, so I decided to check it out.. also it was hosting a tournament (which was today). Since I haven't played since March, I thought to myself...why not go into the tournament to see where I stand and just have some fun... so I did. Also, my sister Karen also entered into it (thankfully I didn't have to play her or else...:S) The tournament was just doubles and mixed (guy/gal). I got put with a random girl for doubles and then played with Karen's Friend, Anderson, for mixed. It was so much fun, made me realize how much I miss Badminton.... when I get back to Moncton I'll definitely be getting involved with the Moncton Club. As for how we did... My doubles partner and I lost our first game though it was close (16-21, 17-21), my excuse is that we have just met each other and never played together before. So then we got moved down to the next division.. and WON that one! :D So we won a little bit of moola .,. not quite enough to compensate for the cost of tournament, but still fun. As for mixed.... hehehe.... well that didn't go so well, but it was a blast playing... I'm glad I decided to get back into it.. wish I had googled it, but I guess its better late than never...
Now I'm exhausted.. tomorrow morning... My host family is taking us to Toronto for the Santa Claus Parade and we'll be staying overnight... My only request is that we go to a Chinese Restaurant and I get to order Authentic food for everyone :) Can't wait... hhmmm.. maybe we'll get some Dim Sum....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....so good....
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment