

Yesterday, I feel as if we had the opportunity to have more fun and change what "normally" happens. About a month ago, I approached the group asking if people were interested in going on a trip to Ottawa for Remembrance Day. Remembrance Day means a lot more to me than some others, my link with the CF is probably one of the main links. When first up for debate, there was A LOT of hesitation. Money was an issue, and some others were just not interested,a nd some just would not give any sort of feedback in what they want. I didn't understand why....
I also hit some negativity from another side, saying that other groups in the past have not been successful at planning a trip outside the community before, due to logistics and probably financial reasons. That made me more determined than ever.... How could you come all the way to Canada and not ever see any other city than Peterborough. It's not about it being a sight seeing tour, but I only wanted to go to Ottawa if it had been on Remembrance Day. 1. cuz of the ceremony. 2. Civilization and War Museums were free 3. Free Parliament tour. 4. other FREE activities you could participate in. Of any nearby city, Ottawa had the most available free options, the second option was Toronto.... well.. as much as I love the food there.... it's Toronto... too expensive... overrated....
Anyhow I'm blabbing a bit now.... as things turned out, I got some help from one of the host dads. He linked me up with some contacts.. and TADA! Camp Kawartha lent us their bus, we just had to pay for the driver and fuel. (which was substantially less than what we would have to otherwise). Then contacted the local Kiwanis Club, and amazingly... they agreed to donate the full amount for the bus and the fuel!!! Because of that, the trip cost ZIP!.. nothing to the participants and the organization. I booked a parliament tour, laid out the options that were available. and that was that.. It's my second time seeing the ceremony, but the cannons still come as a shock... I did feel a bit left out not being in uniform.. but I guess that's that....


Last weekend, after we volunteered for Judy for the church dinner. A couple of us decided to go for a walk... a 3 hour walk... we wandered to the other side of little lake and played at a park despite the sign that said the park was for children 11 years and under.... we had fun and got to be the little ones all over again....
No comments:
Post a Comment