Sunday, November 1, 2009

Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Down, Down...

35 Days till TANZANIA!!! :D but no one's counting eh....

I knew this program would be different and that's why I got into it. In one of the first blog entries I mentioned at of all relationships that will form on this program, there's bound to be one that may not work out. Well... I think I discovered which one that is for me. I can't necessarily say that it's that bad, it really depends on who you ask. When two people who are completely different from each other suddenly get shoved together, and are constantly forced to work together 24/7, something is bound to crack. Even the best of friends have their moments when they drive each other crazy. So, it really doesn't surprise that this has occurred.

When I have a problem, I usually try not to run away more often than not, I'm the stubborn one, the one who decides to take it on head on no matter what. It's either deal with it now or never... but for some others conflict resolution is a whole other story. Working as a group/team takes a lot of push and shove, and of all things I learned from MTA that's definitely one of the most prominent lessons. I had some .... difficult groups to work with over the past 4 years especially with all the commerce group projects, at the end of 4th year, finally I had the most amazing group of all time. (Thanks Josh and Niel :) I good part of that I think was because we each had matured and understood what our strengths were in the group and more important I think I knew to to handle myself a lot better in a group setting and the guys knew how to handle me...even when I was a bit crazy....

So for now, that's my task... how to figure myself out a little bit more to work with someone who is the complete opposite mind set as myself. I realize that I can come off as intimidating, direct.. and bitchy sometimes... and I've been told that I really let my emotions show when something bothers me. I know that I'm stubborn, I know that I'm very direct, I know that I sometimes want to "pick fights" because I like to debate ideas and I want all ideas on the table. I'm the type of person who asks a question... and I want the answer now... My parents have always told me...."slow down".... and I've always ignored them because I want to be efficient in everything I do.

But now.... I think I really do have to slow down or else, it'll annoy people even more. hhmm and my patience... will have to endure a whole lot more. How is it that someone who is the complete opposite of going to make it with me?? How do I make sure that I'm not over bearing with my demeanor and/or personality. I don't plan on changing the way I am, but someone I have to alter the method which I express the way I am. I think I'm just blabbing a bit now.... but I'm hoping for the best, I'm trying to let little issues go and deal with the present. Afterall just 4 more months of this once in a lifetime experience.....

This past weekend was a good one. One of the other host families (whom are a younger couple) hosted a Halloween party. That same day a couple of us attended a bowlathon to raise money for the international group at Trent. We also helped out with the "Trick or Eat" campaign, collecting non-perishable foods. The party was a hit! All the Tanzanian were dancing, Canadians too! I finally got my dancing fix... I was really missing just simply going out dancing with friends... we played some games too like Apple Bobbing... I had dressed up as the Paper Bag princess... but it jsut so happend to be another paperbag princess, so we had a face off with the apple bobbing.


We even went for a haunted cemetary walk at the end of the night







I'll post some other pictures in the slide show soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment